Thursday, June 14, 2012

This could be a cure for pancreatic cancer ....

When learning you have pancreatic cancer you soon discover there are a wide variety of ideas for effective treatment out there and loving suggestions offered. Some are traditional (insurance pays) and there have been numerous non-traditional (self pay) treatments mentioned. These include everything from thermotherapy (exposure to far infrared rays) to coffee enemas (I haven't been successful in finding a partner or assistant for this??).


Until now, I have taken the "conventional" treatment path, but am very excited to announce that I am thinking about starting a new non-traditional treatment — sticky buns. That's right. Sticky buns. But not just any sticky buns. Oh no, they must be Mr. Sticky homemade sticky buns. The dosage is one Mr. Sticky's sticky bun a day. Who knows? It could cure my cancer. And if it doesn't ... so what? ... what do I have to lose? 


No matter what image you may conjure up of Mr. Sticky, I must profess his homemade sticky buns are to "die for" (sorry for the indelicate double-entendre). As the ad says, they are "extremely addictive". I know what I'll do ..... I'll start my own cancer clinical trial with sticky buns as the potential elixir. What a grand idea! A new, never-done-before clinical trial to treat cancer.

This Mr. Sticky's ad has been running in the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era in recent weeks. Notice that they are cheaper by the dozen. I highly recommend them whether you have cancer or not.
They ship FedEx.

The other more conventional cancer treatment I started last Friday is a new chemo regimen. For seven days now I have been swallowing five pills in the morning and five in the evening (pictured with a quarter below). The drug is Xeloda and after one week I am starting to feel some side effects - most notable are a mild headache and dizziness. After two weeks I can expect other side effects. It's a long depressing list. I accept your well wishes and prayers for minimal side effects AND effective tumor reduction or at least growth stoppage.


The five Xeloda pills I have to take twice a day. At first I thought I would like Barb to give them to me with a balling gun like we used on young calves on the farm, but I haven't had too much trouble gulping them down with water. I'm sure I have thoroughly bored you readers with this insight into chemo pills, but it's what I'm doing and inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for reading and sharing your love.


3 comments:

  1. I'm with you; the Mr Sticky treatment sounds way more fun, tasty and easier to swallow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to be your control subject. Those pills sure look nasty! Wishing you great results and few side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixing the conventional and unconventional is always good--go for those Sticky Buns! And thanks, as always for sharing -- not bored at all.

    ReplyDelete