Sunday, March 18, 2012

A beautiful summer day

     Like the rest of the country we are enjoying unseasonably warm weather and gorgeous days. Flowers are blooming, cardinals are singing, trees are budding, forsythia is glowing, and my eyes are itching from spring allergies. But I feel great and am very thankful for every day that I can say that. If it wasn't for digestion issues I could say I feel normal - like I don't even have cancer. I am back to my regular work schedule. The only pills I take are Creon with every meal. Made from pig pancreases, they provide the enzymes that aid my digestion since my pancreas is compromised.
     We are anticipating good weather and good times during our trip to MN and SD. We fly out of Harrisburg this Thursday and return on Tuesday, April 3. The next day, April 4, I will have a CT scan to determine the status of the mass on the pancreas and the effectiveness of the chemo and radiation.
In case you forgot or are wondering what we look like these days, here's a photo of us on a much colder day last week in Lewes, DE.
We enjoyed fresh-squeezed orange and tangerine juice during our Lewes weekend thanks to Jan and Rich Landes who brought them back from their recent trip to Florida. What a treat! Fortunately, I have no diet restrictions, so I should be able to sample all the Schmeckfest fare.
    What reading I've done has mostly been newspapers and magazines, including Sports Illustrated, New York Magazine and Atlantic Monthly. I have really been enjoying poetry, especially the book of poems Sky Lines and Wood Smoke by South Dakota poet Badger Clark. I read his poems when I was in the eighth grade or so but didn't appreciate them then like I do now. Music-wise, lately I've been listening to jazz pianist Hiromi. Click here to hear a piano solo by her.
     Thanks to all my amazing family and friends for your concern over me, It is deeply appreciated.
     
     

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling good, and looking good too! I've been thinking about getting some Esperanza Spalding. I've listened to her for a while and I think she's pretty amazing. It was good to see her on the Oscars.

    Can't wait to see you guys!
    Milt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog. It is a good way to stay in touch with friends. Sorry we won't be seeing you at Schmeckfest this year. We will be leaving to visit Tim and Melania next week.

    ReplyDelete