Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lights... Camera... Snip, snip, snip

As mentioned in my last post, I had a procedure last Friday to look for clues to my ongoing digestive problems and resultant withering. Some of you may want to know the results. The immediate results of the surveillance of my "dark side" are inconclusive; with no outward signs of any problems. I have a nice looking colon. Nothing appeared abnormal. Looks great—cecum to rectum. They took nine tissue samples for biopsy. We were told results would be known in 2-3 weeks. So, stay tuned for the "rest of the story".

This was the third time of my 66 years that the last section of my plumbing has seen light. Each time has had it's own issues. This procedure went well from the medical point of view. No complications. But I was very uncomfortable for about 48 hours - from "prep" the evening before until waking up the morning the day after (Saturday). Thankfully, Barb was with me through it all and was my driver.

Let it be known, I am very weary of writing about these unpleasantries. This blog has far too many posts around "bathroom/toilet" topics. My fear is that some of you readers may think that I delight in writing of these unseemly topics and get a kick out of it. I can't tell you how I wish I could write about something about other parts of me—body and/or mind, something with some dignity, but the reality is that these topics are what my life has been centered around recently and are at the forefront of my thoughts and the purpose of this blog is to share that with you. I am anxious to write of more gentlemanly topics.

My next doctor appointment is this week Wednesday with my oncologist, Dr. Yee, in Hershey. I plan to have an in-depth heart-to-heart with him about what is happening to me. I continue to lose muscle mass, am short of breath and getting weaker. I'm sure it's because I'm low on fuel and water. We have not been pleased with the lack of effort to get moving on this. It's time for action. I don't want to keep wasting away.

Thanks again for your concerns and thoughts whether communicated or not communicated.

-Ricky


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about all this, but I'm thinking about you, and wishing there were some highly concentrated way to get some nourishment. I just don't know what would help. I feel pretty helpless - but I'm thinking about you. Maybe that's good. M.

    ReplyDelete